"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Friday, June 11, 2010

This is what I wrote on the Plane


June 10, 2010


7.11PM AK time

11.11PM PA time


So I am flying over somewhere beautiful right now. I got a window seat luckily. The mo

untains are piercing the sky. Literally they are above the blanket of clouds. I think when I saw those mountains it finally hit me that I was actually going to Alaska. It was a kinda cool feeling, not one that I'

ve had before. But I was kind of a serene "hell yeah I'm really doing this" sort of feeling.

I took some pictures and they are pretty cool. And I'm actually next to this awesome girl. She's from Alaska and 13, but she is the most mature and well-spoken 13 year old I have ever spoken to. She's real down to earth and I like her! Haha. I hope she is a preview of the people in Alaska, cause I'd be down with that.


So I can't help but think of the scene from Fight Club every time I fly now. The part where the main character talks about how when you travel everything is in "single serving sizes". All the "single serving" friends, the food. Right now I am eating cookies, gingersnap I think, and they have the airlines name on them! Ha. I guess I think that's funny for some reason.




1 comment:

  1. You must be hungry if you're eating gingersnap cookies. I thought your palette only accepted chocolate chip cookies. The photo from the plane is beautiful! xo Mom

    ReplyDelete