"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the comments! It's nice to know you are all enjoying my blog



So today was so nice out! The sky was blue and the sun was out. I went food shopping with Allison and Matt. I got 25 Cliff bars for $20!! Such a deal! thats less than a dollar a bar! Ha! Then I chilled in their apartment for a bit. Then I took Allison longboarding for a bit because she wanted to try it. She did pretty well! Then I went down along the greenbelt and by Lake Taku and just cruised around. People were kayaking down Cambell Creek. Actually at one point when I was chillin in the woods, I laid down on this tree that had fallen over the creek....my hands and feet just dangling. I sorta fell asleep. Then all of the sudden I hear "Watch out watch out!" haha. It was a kayaker coming down the creek. All I can say is if I didn't wake up I would have gotten very wet! haha. I left shortly after that. I pretty much spent the whole day crusing around, and reading by the creek or lake. I did meet this one awesome old dude named Bob. He was next to one of the creeks on a dock taking water samples to test the water. We got talking and ends up he was from Norristown! He went to Yale for architectural school and then lived in Montana for a while and is now here! Funny how small of a world it is.
Anywho, my plan is to get up early tomorrow and go into town and GET A JOB! haha. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)


Me by the Creek


Mama Mallard and her babies

Robin washing off in the creek


Chooo choo


Lady Bug chillin on my knee





3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting to know your way around fairly quickly. There certainly seems to be a lot of wild life near Anchorage. I hope you get out of town soon and get to see more. Good luck finding a job. Try a temp agency? Love ya and keep the blog going. It is very interesting. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a wonderful day by the looks of these photos. Keep us posted on your adventures. Anxious to hear about your job/lodging search. Love you lots. xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiiiii Kelllly, I saw about 843905 yellow cars while mowing the lawn today, it made me think of you :) It sounds like you're having a lot a lot a lot of fun and I loooveee this blog thing. Keep it up! It's become a daily part of my routine, haha. I hope job hunting goes well!
    LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE FROM
    Mackenzie<333333333333333

    ReplyDelete