"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Seward Day Two!

Mission Accomplished! I am getting my free boat ride tomorrow!
It's really safe too it is actually a catameran going out for a tour, so there will be tons of people on board....the only difference between them and me is that I got to go for free! haahaha. I think it's about a six hour cruise. It is gonna be sweeeeeeeeeet! Here's a picture of the boat that I will be going out on......



Today was a bit more overcast and gloomier than yesterday. But still beautiful. dI walked down to town today with the same girl as I did yesterday. I just walked around town for a bit then I headed over to the Alaska Sea Life Center. I was nice! Got some cool shots of the animals and just hung around there for a while. Afterwards I went back to the hostel to get some food. Read a bit then rode my bike into town. Chilled by the docks, and then headed over to the trail on the coast. Just on the beach for a while and read. Met some cool people and chatted with them for a bit. Met a lady from Las Vegas, and then an older man with his granddaughter from Seward. I did a lot of other random stuff today too, but its too much to write about! haha
There's a bunch of the people at the hostel tonight, probably because it's Friday. But I am meeting people from all over! Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Australia, Canada....and of course the United States....haha










hahahaha






Cruise ship came into town today!




Saw two bald eagles in the tree by the park!


Quote for the day......

one of my favorite quotes by Buddha

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome day! Those are seriously some of the best pictures i've seen. The animals all look so cool! Have fun on your boat ride and keep doin your thing Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Great photos of the animals. Can't wait to hear about the boat ride. I'm sure you will see lots of wonderful sights.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that quote!
    miss you :(
    elisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos. Seems like you're having the time of your life, having lots of wonderful adventures, experiences, and meeting some interesting people. Looking forward to hearing about the free boat ride. Here's my quote of the day, "I love you." xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly,
    Great photos of your Awesome Alaskan Adventure. I will need tips on how to procure a free boat ride the next time I'm in Alaska! Good luck with the new job. Have fun and stay safe.
    Love, Mrs. Dumas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly-

    I'm glad your mom shared your blog with me. Your pictures are beautiful! Good luck with the job...or have you started already?

    Joan Glusiec

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
    Thats you kel a.k.a skeBOT. It looks like your having a great time! I love reading all about it. =) <3

    Le Anna and my mom!

    ReplyDelete