"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Friday, June 18, 2010




I moved into my room today. Decided to go with the vegetarian house. The room is pretty big actually in a nice neighborhood too.
Not too much to report on though. Just been exploring, taking photographs and reading a lot. Met this funny 15 year old kid yesterday at the park. He just talked a lot. Tomorrow there is a festival in town. There's a skateboard demo and a lot of other cool stuff and it's all free. Then at night there is a free concert with Flyleaf! Which is a pretty well known band, similar to paramore i think. So I'm gonna go to that, hopefully I'll meet some cool people!
Oh! yesterday I finally reaped the benefits of looking younger than I actually am. On thursdays kids from ages 5-18 ride the bus for free! I walked on the bus and was about to pay and the bus driver told me I was free! And of course I wasn't going to argue with her! hahaha So I got to ride the bus for free yesterday! :)

Well here are some pictures I have been taking, enjoy!








I think of my mom every time I see these




Quote for today brought to you by Albert Einstein....
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

3 comments:

  1. Kelly the pictures are beautiful! Hahaha, you got on the bus for free, hahaha. They probably would've charged me, hahaha.

    LOVE YOU LOTS.
    Macccaroni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos Kelly. How do you like your new lens? Keep the phots coming. It is so beautiful up there.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. kell,
    i love the black and white one. Oh use that fisheye of yours and take some photos of the city

    ReplyDelete