"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The crows were calling his name, thought caw.

Not to much to report on today. I was yet again rainy. Allison and I went food shopping this morning and then she dropped me off at the diamond center where I was applying for jobs. I was turned down to be a cashier at a pet store because I was over qualified and the manger thought I would be bored. That made me mad. haha. I continued to longboard around collecting applications and hopes of employment. Then I got a massive migraine and went back to Matt & Allisons to rest. It eventually passed. I decided to take the vegetarian animal room. So I move in either tomorrow or Friday. Sorta excited about that! Matt & Allison made some stellar homemade pizza tonight! Seriously so good. The rest of the night I spend researching jobs and other random things that interest me.

Thanks again for all of the comments, it is nice to hear from you all and it is definitely motivation to keep writing!

Quote of the day was given to me by my awesome cousin Jeffrey...

"The farther we go the less we know.
The more we see the greater we believe.
The embracement of thee is the key."
-?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly: We used to say the rain is liquid sunshine so enjoy. I'll bet you are glad you got that nice blue rain coat from Cabela's last year! Things seem to be falling into place for you but probably not as quick as you would like. Hang in there and enjoy the ride because it is often more fun than the destination. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you found a place to live and it sounds perfect for you! I hope that works out for you Kelly.
    Usually when someone says your overqualified its because they don't want to pay you a wage that's worthy of your qualifications. You could probably have that job if you wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly :

    You used my quote thats awesome! Any prospects on any other jobs...worse come to worse take some of your photos get them printed and take them to that cool little shop you talk about in an earlier post!

    Good luck, Jeff

    ReplyDelete