"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Post!

So this is my first entry and it is the day before I leave for Alaska! I depart tomorrow at 2.27PM from Newark Airport and arrive in Anchorage at 8.30 (AK time). I am so excited! But somewhat nervous and scared too. I have no job lined up yet. But i don't think it should be too hard to get one. There were a lot of postings in the anchorage daily news and on craigs list. I still have so much to do and pack. Hopefully I will get it all done by the time i leave! haha

Well thats all for now! Next time I'm on this blog I'll be in ALAKSA!!!!

P.S. The picture on the top of my blog is of my sister, mom and I in Alaska when I was sixteen

5 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    Im going to expect that card to be full ten-fold before you come back...if you come back that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you already!
    -Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you and that you had a safe landing in Alaska! Keep all of us back in Eastburg posted on your experiences.... It will be like a virtual SURVIVOR show. Sending you all of my love and luck for a wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you love you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe trip Kelly. We will enjoy hearing about your adventure. Love from New Jersey, Aunt Susie, Uncle Mike, Michael and Mark.

    ReplyDelete