"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been working and my whole schedule is off. I work Monday-Friday 3PM to 11.30PM. But the commute is the not so fun part. I have to leave my place no later than 1.30 to catch the bus about a mile away by 1.43 or 2.10. Then I work and when I get off I have to bike 8 miles back to my place. So I usually don't get back until about one o'clock at the earliest and then I am just really tired. Then I just pass out until i repeat it all again. I'm not sure how long I'm going to do this whole work thing for though. I came up to Alaska to adventure, not to show tourists where the magnets are. Maybe I'll switch to part time. Or maybe I'll work until my next paycheck or two and then just travel everywhere. The possibilities are endless! haha. This weekend I have a lot of options...not sure exactly what I'm going to do. Trying to get to Seward for the mountain man race. But if that doesn't pan out I may go into work tomorrow and get time and a half. But I'm trying to let that be my last resort because I didn't come up here for money. I came here to explore!


And Happy Fourth of July!!

4 comments:

  1. happy 4th kel!! =) <3 and miss you

    [bebot]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth of July Kelly. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, my mom showed me this. Your pictures are incredible! I love all the quotes. Have fun! Kelly Glusiec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're having quite an adventure just getting to and from work. Glad you're making some connections at the job too. Love you and talk to you soon. xo Mom

    ReplyDelete