"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Christopher McCandless

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hellooooooooo!!
I know I haven't posted in forever and I apologize.
Things are going well though. Work is kinda all I do now, which is frustrating. But I do enjoy work for the most part and I like the people I am working with. Work dynamics are interesting as well. I work mostly in the back doing back stock and restocking. I like doing this though. Tourists can get old fast. haha.
There is a good possibility I may be getting another job at a tattoo and piercing shop in the area. I had an impromptu interview last night, went well for the most part. Everyone there seems really awesome too. They said I pretty much have the job if I want. They just want me to come into the shop one day during business hours to see how it all work and see if I like it. Then I tell them if I'm down to work or not. I think I'm gonna go in and do that tomorrow. It seems like that would be a really fun job there.
I still think I'm going to be quitting my Trapper Jack's job by the end of July. It is just way too much and it's all I do. I did not come up to Alaska to fold T-shirts....haha So I'm gonna save up all of my money from there and at the end of the summer go crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy! hahaha

6 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting..... Keep us posted.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more about the tourists! Sounds like you're getting around well and getting to know the locals. Keep us posted on your next adventure. xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly,
    I am thoroughly enjoying your Alaskan Adventure. The photos you are posting are quite spectacular. I would love to come and join you! :) I agree with your idea of quitting work at the end of July, so much more to see. Since I also agree with "Jimmy Buffett" that our bodies are to be treated as a "Temple", I am not too keen on the tatoo/piercing job. Never mess with perfection!
    Continue to have the best of times, follow your heart.
    Love,
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly

    So enjoying your narrative and photographs!We are at Matt and Alison's and will have to stop by Trapper John's to check out those t shirts. Seriously, would love to take you to lunch Thurs, Friday, or Sat. I know you work 3-11pm so thought lunch would work best. Let me know if you're available and the gang will pick you up so you don't have to take tiring bus trip. Bye Barbara Cullin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks and sounds like your having a great time. Everywhere you go it looks beautiful. Keep doing what your doing and things will work out perfect for you.
    -acupuncture Mark-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kelly! You need to post more on here. Did you take the job at the tattoo place? You seem to having quite a summer; good for you!! You need to do these things when you can; lucky girl! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete